Thursday, January 22, 2009

Everyone is home!

I am so happy! All of our kids are back in Hawaii. We haven't all been together since 2005 and it's good to have everyone back. Matthew and Kat moved back from Utah just before Christmas. Ryan returned from his mission to Mexico on January 19. Kathleen is going to school in Laie and so can be home in an hour if she needs to be or just wants to be. It has been great to have them all together again.
Just after Christmas the kids and Wendell and I went to see the Christmas trees at the temple visitor's center in Laie. Each stake on Oahu decorated a tree representing one of the scriptures telling about the birth of Christ. Some of them were nicer than others, but seeing them all together was really very beautiful. We took a few pictures in front of one of the "regular" Christmas trees that the visitor's center had put up. They also had a nativity scene outside with a very sturdy looking Mary and Joseph.
When Ryan came home we all went to the airport to greet him. I made sure to take my camera, but I didn't check the battery and of course it was completely dead. Nathan was there with his camera though. So as soon as he sends me pictures I will post them. I do have a few of him since he has been back though. We went to the beach, but it was very cold and windy, so we didn't go in. In one of the pictures he is standing in front of the temple. The top of it is gray because it is closed for 18 months for renovations. It's fun to hear about his mission and the people in Mexico.
He has taught me a few Spanish words and even some Mexican sign language.


Other big news for our family is that we will be making an addition in July! Matthew and Kat are expecting a baby July 14. We don't know if it is a boy or a girl yet, but it really doesn't matter. We are very excited and can't wait to see him/her.

4 comments:

  1. Sondrita, I am very happy to see that you have a blog. I hope you will update it often. It looks like you had a lovely day at the beach, but I don't think it was that cold, because both Ryan and Wendito were wearing shorts. Hard to say though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are very happy about this! Blogs about people I care about really help me get through the day at work. I'm jealous that you have all your kids close by. You are a lucky mom. Here is a observation from both Lexie and me...your blog page is a very cute design but it's kinda hard to read brown words on a purple background.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it Sondra! Great job! You've convinced me--I really should do this. Thanks for thinking of sharing with us. We love your family and are so happy to stay in touch. Love to all! The Jenkins

    ReplyDelete